View Single Post
Old October 23, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Metro certainly has it's ups and downs, but I'll be going about this a little differently. I think I'll pick up a Surface close to release date and use that to govern my overall feelings on the Metro UI. It will also give me the time I need to get used to it. Then if everything goes smoothly and I feel it's what I'm looking for, I'll look at a Windows 8 phone. The last step will be to incorporate Windows 8, and by that time I'll have a much better idea of what I'm getting in to, and hopefully Microsoft will have released the first wave of patches.

All in all, I can't fault Microsoft for wanting to effect change. The Start menu system has been around for almost 20 years, and has evolved almost as far as it can. Metro may have been too drastic a change all at once, but I see their point.

*Side Note* I find it amusing that when Mac users get something shoved down their throats, they praise it as what they needed all along. But the second Windows changes anything, the whole world goes ballistic and views it with overt skepticism. I guess we know where the trolls and haters live. ;)