View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012, 07:37 PM
Rookie

Thanks Silvgearx,
I ascertained that Antec does have a middleman RMA service at Memofix, 330 Millway Avenue, Unit 3, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 3W2 CANADA, at least I understand that is correct. They do have another International RMA center in California, though. So who knows? The best warranty is one that I won't need at all. The PSU that expired was approaching 3 years old so considering it was borderline capacity for my system with poor ventilation (fan with only 1/8" of space for air to get in at bottom of my Silverstone HTPC case) it could have failed sooner. Perhaps I will elvevate case a inch or so when I get the new power supply. The minimum cost for shipping it back to the States would have been just under $30 by Canada Post. This 500watt TR2 Thermaltake only cost $45 new $44 now. Even assuming I were to have gotten off without having to pay a cent to UPS which, based on my past experience with them, I would have considered some kind of miracle, it is doubtful if a refurbished 500watt Thermaltake psu would have been worth the $30 postage. My computer store verified the Thermatake was failing so I ordered the new Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply at $59.99. I'm hoping it makes my computer work again and that it will last longer than the 3 years that the Thermaltake did. Thanks to everyone who commented.

Last edited by archp2008; October 22, 2012 at 07:56 PM.