View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012, 08:45 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
You run Civ5 at that resolution? Must have like 10-20 FPS or graphics options way down low (in which case it looks like crap anyways). Office apps at 5mp are useless, photo's I can understand that would make a difference. I'm just saying you really don't need it and in most cases it does not make a difference.

As far as everyday life goes though for me, gaming, internet browsing, research and word processing the screen makes no difference. I would love to have it for my desktop because I could drive some games (although my GPU is still no where near as strong as I would like it to be to game at that resolution and it kicks the crap out of a 650m) but as far as a desktop goes with that hardware it offers nothing for me.

You missed the part where I clarified it was personal opinion and that I never said you can't get any value from it. I said I wouldn't get any value from it. Also I read a lot about the scaling and how things look on the "Retina" screen because I was considering buying one but I ultimately decided it would be a huge waste.
Yes, I run Civ5 at that resolution. It is a turn-based game so FPS is fairly irrelevant, to me at least, not that it suffers that greatly.

Office apps at 5mp are most certainly NOT useless. Have you ever tried running Excel like that? My god, the experience is amazing with all the extra rows and columns of highly legible text/numbers. If you used Excel as much as I do, you would never make a statement like that.