View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012, 08:18 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
I wonder what is the need to run office at that resolution, for Excel I prefer a 30" display, or 2 or 3
Bingo. Pixel count is huge important...but so is screen SIZE. Cant beat having a 30" for excel and another for Photoshop. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
yes, 90% of the worlds population are incapable of seeing a difference, but you aren't.

... and remember, 80% of drivers rate themselves as above average drivers too.

... and music can only really be enjoyed by tube transistors, everything else is too harsh.

My point is that "______phile" people always perceive some minute difference that no one else can, or cares to look for.

I think a Retina display is another "solution" looking for a "problem" to fix.

I think it's more bother than it's worth..... but visualphiles see the big difference no one else can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
As mentioned, if you want to continue this, it should be in a separate thread. I would love to see where you got the statistics that 90% of people can't tell the difference in resolution for an 80" screen, or was that pure hyperbole?
Actually, that isnt hyperbole as such. A couple years ago studies were done and 1080p vs 720p was shown to be indistinguishable at normal viewing distances on anything below (IIRC and might be wrong) 46" screens. On monitors most peeps cant tell the difference once the pixel density hits a certain point. Its only a boon for photo editors and the such. Personally I want a 30" version. THEN it will be useful. Until then its a fancy toy.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr