View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 04:14 AM
Rookie

Default Sandy Bridge-Extreme MoBo (LGA2011) . . . RampageIV, P9X79 Deluxe, Others?!!?

I am putting together a new build and was all set to go Z77 Ivy Bridge i7 3770K when I decided to check out the X79 Sandy Bridge Extreme possibilities. After much thought and much appreciated help here, I have in fact decided that for my purposes (HD video editing, flight simulator use, multiple monitors and work), the X79 SBE i7 3930K is probably the better way to go.

With that said, I would really appreciate advice on what would be the best MoBo to go with. I was quite looking forward to the Maximus V Extreme for the Z77 IB i7 3770K. For the X79 SBE i7 3930K I at first was thinking about the Asus Rampage IV Extreme . . . but now also considering the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe. I like the built in Thunderbolt and Wifi component that existed in the Maximus V Extreme . . . this does not appear to be integrated into the Rampage IV but at least WiFi does seem to exist in the P9X79 Deluxe. Of course this is not critical as I can always add internal WiFi later myself . . .

I would really appreciate help in choosing the most robust, dependable board for my new computer. Dependability is critial for my work bkz I live on my computer. Which is the newer board with the most useful features for my purposes (HD video editing, flight simulator use, multiple monitors and work that requires working with many multiple large files and all that that entails (ex. uploading/downloading, etc))? Apart from flight simulator work (I am a pilot) I don't do a lot of gaming, but the HD video editing is resource intense and I would like a MoBo that has the most current features and, after the dependability consideration, allows for the greatest practical upgrade flexibility given my needs.

Thank you very much.

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Specs:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_2011/Rampage_IV_Extreme/#specifications
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe:
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P9X79 DELUXE

Last edited by Questtt3; October 20, 2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Link Correction