View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 05:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by archp2008 View Post
I was just talking to a UPS service rep on the phone and he told me that I would be charged brokerage fees on an item I returned for warranty replacement even though it was marked "replaced under warranty" on the customs sticker by the sender. I was just reading a thread on another forum where posts indicate that several people who returned items to the U.S. for replacement under warranty were charged high brokerage fees at the door when the replacement arrived. I could post the URL of the thread but don't know if URL's are allowed here.
That is just a typical tag line. It really depends on whom is doing the warranty replacing.
I.e. I just got my Video Card back from EVGA and payed an all mighty zero.
They marked it at 1 dollar warranty replacement and it came through flawlessly. Which is both legal and sound.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com