View Single Post
Old July 3, 2008, 11:54 PM
MVP
F@H

Question Seeking advice on part selection

I've decided to finally go with liquid cooling. Folding is making a lot more heat than I'm used to and going water is something I've always wanted to do, so why not now! Anyway I was hoping some of you guys could help me out here, I've been doing some research and chosen what seems to be some of the best choices out there, but any advice would be appreciated. I'm only planning on adding my CPU to the loop at the moment but I am seriously considering adding the GPU in the near future. So here's what I have chosen:

Feser One Water replacement
How much of this will I need for the small loop I am making? I'm pretty sure one bottle should do.

Swiftech Mcres-Micro
This seemed to be recommended by many folks

Tygon 1/2" ID Tubing

This stuff was a bit pricey but with price match its only $13.84/5 feet so I figured I would get it

Swiftech MCP655
Now I haven't put much thought into the pump but this one seems to be pretty popular and looks like it performs quite well. I am definitely open to suggestion on this.

Thermochill Pa 120.2
Again, seemed to be recommended by many folks. Ive got a pair of Noctua NF-S12s that I could use with it but do they have enough CFM? http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...facture=Noctua

Finally for the CPU block I chose the D-Tek Fuzion V2. I already bought that from the HWC sponsored deals...Couldn't pass up the price!

I know a single rad might be enough for just the cpu but I want the option to add the gpu later. As for the clamps and screws etc, I can get all that at the hardware store I'm pretty sure. Oh and I also had to add a pair of barbs to go with the rad..I even managed to find those cheaper on pricecanda! Sorry for another thread just listing parts and looking for help but water cooling is quite new to me...thanks for the help!

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12