Thread: My New A10 Rig
View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Here is a great power supply for a great price (its seasonic oem) after price match at memory express. Return the staples one.

On sale for $75 at NCIX
Antec HCG-620M 620W ATX12V Modular SINGLE-RAIL 48A 80PLUS Bronze 135mm Fan Active PFC Power Supply

Its $120 at memory express, so $63.74 after pricematch at ME.

Antec High Current Gamer 620W Modular Power Supply at Memory Express
When I called Memory Express they were out of stock on this unit - and although they would sell me one from one of their stores they would not offer their price matching on products they were "out of stock" on. But they were not really out of stock, just out of stock in their On Line warehouse. Had I been able to get to the Edmonton store I could have bought one. I called the store and they cannot sell over the phone. Not a happy customer here.

I did call my local computer store he said he had a 650 Antec for $100.00 Turns out it was a model - Antec EarthWatts EA 650W Power Supply Green at Memory Express

But he pointed out that the voltage output is not adequate for some of the video cards that are coming out.

He talked me into the $110 Thermaltake TR2 RX 750. He said that they use that one in the gaming builds they make and sell at his shop - he does a brisk business selling custom PC's. "Never had a problem with one". And its modular & Bronze 80 certified. Thermaltakeusa*»*Power Supply*»*600W - 850W*»*TR2 RX 750W : TR2 RX 750W TRX-750M

I've read good reviews of this unit - and some that are not so good.

FKD