View Single Post
Old October 8, 2012, 10:34 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

I'll chime in one more time before bed, and then I'll pass off to other members for them to weigh in.

XFX is as good as it's ever been (take that for what you will). I hear they're utter garbage, but they're now the only AMD AIB that still has a lifetime warranty on cards with non-reference coolers.

Else, I would recommend the Gigabyte Windforce (personal experience with the 7950 -- very quiet!), followed by MSI. ASUS seems to have problems with their DirectCU line on both AMD and nVidia, and Sapphire is good quality and performance, but has more reports of coil whine than any other manufacturer (could be reporting bias as so many people buy them). Don't touch HIS with a stick, they are shit. I've spent a lot of time documenting my struggle with HIS on another forum, and it makes me sick just thinking about it again. If an HIS rep was here, I would say that to his/her face. They are shit, not worth stepping on.

Gigabyte, MSI, and ASUS have the standard 3-year transferable warranty. Sapphire, Powercolor, and HIS have a 2-year non-transferable warranty. XFX lifetime is non-transferable.

MSI and ASUS have an RMA centre in Canada.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Btw, those are just the AMD manufacturers. If you decide to go with nVidia 660ti/670/680, the differences between manufacturers become even smaller, and are actually not worth going into too much. Gigabyte and Galaxy have the best all-around coolers, MSI may have the most expensive features, and all of them except for PNY and Zotac have 3-year transferable warranties.

Last edited by Ajiki-kun; October 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM.