View Single Post
Old October 5, 2012, 09:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Well in the instance of a Athlon II X2 mobile vs a i3 1st gen .... well yeah that doesnt suprise me ..

I guess a i3 if your not accessing your server alot + lower power consumption would make sence if it does it well ..... Just the thought of it kinda strikes me like you know someone buying a pentium/celron & building the rest of the system with like a radeon 7970/nvidia 680 .. know what I mean?
A lot of my friends have had me building them i3 boxes with a 660 or 670 for gaming rigs. The i3 processors (even SB ones at stock) are fantastic processors for your day to day usage and playing modern games with all the bells and whistles when coupled with a good gpu. Because with games these days thats where its at - the gpu. It has taken me many years to finally wise up and realize most people dont need much more than good dual core,lots of ram, a semi speedy hdd , and if gaming a good gpu to back it up.

With that list, I find zero reason to want an amd processor since at that price point.