View Single Post
Old October 5, 2012, 06:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Actually Terry, if there is anyone whom has tested SSD's to the Max on both platforms it will be AkG. It is him alone who spend countless PM's with me getting my SSD's to trim (abiet tony trim) on my X6 rig since it did not pass along the command. That has for a lot of people been a point of contention, and many of us here, and MANY of those whom visit take AkG's advise when it comes to such things very seriously. There are work arounds (Drives with really aggressive ITGC) but that then limits the drives at your disposal.

So yes, he does use these items in real time, and has worked with and seen more SSD's on platforms than you or anyone else here ever will. Unless of course you want to Prove to HWC here that AMD suddenly has full Trim support across previous and existing platforms, including RAID...

Plus lets not forget that it took the FX platform to finally bring back SLI offical support on there boards.
That is an isolationist move on AMD that many as well did not forgive.

-ST
If you or akg could pass on this info on trim on the X6 I would greatly apreciate it so i could see so myself.

As for this discussion .... again it just chaps me something fierce that somehow intel is some kinda standard setter when the reality is it should be NEITHER company seen as such. And while peaple want to keep drawing on amd's "baby steps" to evolve it doesnt help them too by calling ALL there cpu/chipsets "crap" when there not & do funtion fine for general users.