View Single Post
Old October 5, 2012, 05:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
I read what I have bolded & all i can say is ....... WOW ..... are YOU for real? Do you ACTUALY read things & use stuff in real time to be able to formulate these "views" you have?

Also your "theory" on this how both companies try to make you upgrade your motherboard .. Pardon me but WHOM makes the motherboards? NEITHER company does !! Its the board makers themselves that try to do so by not putting bios's out on older products that might support a newer cpu.

Your other argument is also flawed with the fact that how long is ivy bridge 1155 out for ... ohhhh till next year to be replaces by 1150 OHHH & its nothing real new as it's STILL based on the Core's architechure ("Haswell processors or the fourth generation Core processors as some like to call them") .... meanwhile FM2's supported for the next few years ... OH but there's no value in that ...

Im sorry but I dont understand why ya bother to reply to anything amd cpu/board based cause quite honestly you show no ability to see any positives in them & refuse to accept anyone whom puts/see's a positive aspect on things on the platform. Trying to discuss/debate things in reguards to the amd platform in general is about as sucessful as tryin to demolish a brick wall with a rubber sledgehammer. I believe you have given your reasons in the past ... but if your unwilling to be able to talk about both the positives & negatives about it ... why waste your time or anyone elses then ?

All i know is my stance at the end of the day is AGAIN based on US the consumer ..... no amd & we are back to the late 90's pricing & no motivation to advance/evolve. I also dont see having to have "trim" enabled in a chipset as some MAJOR reason for the average joe consumer to choose intel over a amd solution especialy if the ssd's do so on there own in themselves. And more so, no one in there right mind is gonna be thinking about "raid" on a i3 configuration

Sorry but again i dont see the current landscape as like per back in the days of socket 7 like how your refering to current amd cpu's like the cyrix/ibm's of back then vs intels like the AMD/intels of that era ..
Actually Terry, if there is anyone whom has tested SSD's to the Max on both platforms it will be AkG. It is him alone who spend countless PM's with me getting my SSD's to trim (abiet tony trim) on my X6 rig since it did not pass along the command. That has for a lot of people been a point of contention, and many of us here, and MANY of those whom visit take AkG's advise when it comes to such things very seriously. There are work arounds (Drives with really aggressive ITGC) but that then limits the drives at your disposal.

So yes, he does use these items in real time, and has worked with and seen more SSD's on platforms than you or anyone else here ever will. Unless of course you want to Prove to HWC here that AMD suddenly has full Trim support across previous and existing platforms, including RAID...

Plus lets not forget that it took the FX platform to finally bring back SLI offical support on there boards.
That is an isolationist move on AMD that many as well did not forgive.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com