View Single Post
Old October 4, 2012, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Here is my problem with the whole "AMD is good enough" argument. To kick the dead mule car analogy one last time....you have car A it has a 120HP and gets 20MPG. It costs 18,900. You have car B. It has a 180HP, gets 35MPG and costs 20,000. To me car A is a bad value. Sure it will get you from A to B, but it will cost you more in gas and has the acceleration of a pregnant yak. Good enough is usually just code word for cheap crap. BUT it has to be a lot cheaper than the competition or it aint -by very definition- GOOD ENOUGH.#1

"AMDs right now run hot"#2, eat more power and are less powerful. That is a bad combination. Call me an Intel sheep all you want but that is the cold hard facts. When AMD had the best I ran AMD. Intel are better NOW. This 'good enough' argument is simply pandering to the fanbois.
1# Maybe it would be more ..... A) is a 2 door 4 person 200 hp turbo'ed 4 cylinder $16000 30 mpg car vs B) 4 door 4 person 200 hp'ed naturaly aspired 4 cylinder $20000 29 mpg car. A is cheaper, less doors but cant accelerate like B might but preform almost the same.

2# when you factor in aftermarket cooling .... there is not a substantial amount of heat diffrence between intel/amd ... even at load in various senario's. Not to mention what about the whole ivy bridge heatspreader issue & those chips running warmer then normal cause of it ...