View Single Post
Old October 4, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Here is my problem with the whole "AMD is good enough" argument. To kick the dead mule car analogy one last have car A it has a 120HP and gets 20MPG. It costs 18,900. You have car B. It has a 180HP, gets 35MPG and costs 20,000. To me car A is a bad value. Sure it will get you from A to B, but it will cost you more in gas and has the acceleration of a pregnant yak. Good enough is usually just code word for cheap crap. BUT it has to be a lot cheaper than the competition or it aint -by very definition- GOOD ENOUGH.

AMDs right now run hot, eat more power and are less powerful. That is a bad combination. Call me an Intel sheep all you want but that is the cold hard facts. When AMD had the best I ran AMD. Intel are better NOW. This 'good enough' argument is simply pandering to the fanbois.
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr