View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Some people will say spend it all I am sure, but personally (being a bang for buck kinda guy) I think that at your resolution if you swap the GPU to a gtx 660 (non-Ti) for around $220+tax and leave everything else as is you would be very happy.
Since I'd like to keep the GPU for at least 18 months (hopefully it'd be able to fold by then), would the Ti version help for the extra $60-70? The 670 is too much as you mentioned, since I'd be better getting the base 660 now and then getting its replacement right at its release for about the same amount of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Take, for example, their Z77A-G43 for $99 before rebate. Pair that with a ~$300 GTX 660 Ti / HD 7950 and that brings you to ~$400 before taxes.
I looked at the Z77A-G43 and I'm concerned about what looks like a 3+2 VRM setup. Has anyone overclocked a Sandy Bridge on that one? I know a lot of motherboards gimped their VRMs with the lower max power of the Ivy.

I don't trade hardware online at all as I can't bring myself to give contact information to people I have never seen. The GTX 550Ti will become a 24/7 folder on my "HTPC" to replace a 7900GS that can't fold. The DP67DE, since it has cosmetic damage, will probably go to replacing my brother's or my parents' AM2 not plus platforms, which ever goes first.