Thread: 21:9 Monitors
View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 07:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Talk about completely useless monitors. At first I was intriguing, that was until I saw the resolution of these, 2560x1080. That is such a crap resolution for something that size. All they are doing is taking my great 27" at 2560x1440 and squishing it down to make it a tiny bit wider at a huge loss of 380 pixels in height.

Just why would you want this? As many have mentioned already the screens are wide enough it is height that we need. Now if say they had down a resolution of say 3414x1440 or 3792x1600 then I could see this being something to get interested about, but as they are now they just are not good compared to the existing 27's.

You are probably right that it won't be as good as a 27" but a lot too depends on price point. Some People want wider, or for me at work this would be better than doing it with multi 19's etc. It really depends on the market, and how they position it. I see it as more of a workstation Screen than anything else. Still, would be nice to try one out just to compare.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com