View Single Post
Old September 28, 2012, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Thinking of going to one loop.

I'm planning on getting into a new build before long. My 1st gen cosmos is getting a little long in the tooth and I'm still rockin' a Q6600 (@3.8GHz) and GTX280. I'm not feeling the pinch yet that I need to upgrade right now so I'm starting to plan a future build. I've got a couple years of games to get caught up on and I'd like to go back to ATI, I use AutoCAD a lot and it just likes ATI. And I'll probably end up on a i5 as well.

Anyway, currently I have a loop for the CPU and another for the GPU/mobo. I still plan to O/C but I'm to a point that the last 1 or 2C is less important than the last 1 or 2dB. In my current system the GPU easily puts out a lot more heat than the CPU but I don't know if more modern cards are better but I'm wondering if I'm shooting my self in the foot if I put it all in a single loop... since the GPU will do a good job of keeping the CPU warm.

I guess I have a lot more to talk about but I'd like to get some opinions on this first. Just looking for some input to get me started.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water