View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
Okay two quick questions.

1) Are you saying i can buy a 120v output PSU and it will still work here in spain?
Yes, as ST said, any PSU worth its salt today has auto-voltage sensing to switch from 110 to 220 or vice versa.

Quote:
2) Secondly, the PSU in my pc is 650w. Do i need a UPS higher than 650w? I might just get something about 800w
Probably not. The "VA" raiting on UPS is indicative of the total energy storage on the UPS. Just because you have a 650w PSU doesnt mean it is outputting 650w all the time. Thats just the maximum it can safely provide to your components. Your normal draw off that PSU (and thus the UPS) will be much less. The UPS size really just depends on how much runtime you want after the power goes out. APC's website has a drop down menu to select your wattage use, and how much runtime that will use. Most medium to high end PC's (with monitor) use (VERY roughly) 100-250w at desktop. If you're gaming when the power goes out, you could be drawing 400+w.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about