View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 06:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
APC Back-UPS 400, 230V, Spain

Change wattage to suit needs. You could also probably go with a different one, so that when you come back to NA you can bring the UPS with you if you wanted, and heres why:

Electronics 'generally' are designed for multiple purpose. Differing wall plugs require different cords (the UPS I linked has your 'spanish' style receptacles), but that can usually be swapped with a different plug for other locations on your PSU (for say, when you move back to NA). There is also usually a 110/220v switch on the back of PSUs, so your corsair SPU is probably not 'spanish', per se, but has the ability to be such by using both a spanish plug cord, and the 220 switch.

The 110/220 or 120/240v thing is a common misconception too. Outlet power is almost never perfect, and varys depending on day, provider load, and location/distance. AC to DC power converting devices or UPS devices are normally designed to work within a given (usually large) voltage range. You can see the specs on the UPS site, some of the foreign ones are designed for 160-280ish volts for countries with poor regulation! .

Anyways, I could go on, but hopefully that clears it up. If you have more questions, I'll try to clarify
I'd like to note that almost all Modern PSU's worth there name have auto Sensing for Voltage and no longer a switch (those that don't are cheap, and I wouldn't be using them to power my system lol), only the plug changes as far as I know. So his Spanish PSU will work here just with different plug :)
Thats why I linked the APC unit that has those style of connectors as well :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com