View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 06:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
The corsair PSU i'm using is a spanish one. The reason i want a UPS system is so that if my power goes out, i have enough time to shut down all my equipment. This will help me (hopefully) from getting bad hardware and/or corrupt files.
Since i live in spain, i need one for spain's voltage not US.
APC Back-UPS 400, 230V, Spain

Change wattage to suit needs. You could also probably go with a different one, so that when you come back to NA you can bring the UPS with you if you wanted, and heres why:

Electronics 'generally' are designed for multiple purpose. Differing wall plugs require different cords (the UPS I linked has your 'spanish' style receptacles), but that can usually be swapped with a different plug for other locations on your PSU (for say, when you move back to NA). There is also usually a 110/220v switch on the back of PSUs, so your corsair SPU is probably not 'spanish', per se, but has the ability to be such by using both a spanish plug cord, and the 220 switch.

The 110/220 or 120/240v thing is a common misconception too. Outlet power is almost never perfect, and varys depending on day, provider load, and location/distance. AC to DC power converting devices or UPS devices are normally designed to work within a given (usually large) voltage range. You can see the specs on the UPS site, some of the foreign ones are designed for 160-280ish volts for countries with poor regulation! .

Anyways, I could go on, but hopefully that clears it up. If you have more questions, I'll try to clarify
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about