View Single Post
Old September 25, 2012, 05:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hello and welcome!

I'm thinking BIOS, cables, GPU, or motherboard in that order... PSU would be resetting or causing issues with bluescreens (and I don't think you have that issue) and CPU issues would not care about the GPU.
1. To eliminate any "black magic" issues, try resetting the CMOS of the affected system (#2?) with battery pull or with the jumper.
2. Make sure there's no loose cables attaching to the 9800 GTX internally.
3. Also, IIRC the 9800 GTX is a dual-DVI card. Try attaching to the OTHER DVI output if you can. I have a 7900GS that for some reason won't show any video at boot unless I've attached the cable to the DVI closer to the "L" part of the bracket...
3.a. Did you try unplugging and then plugging back in the monitor cable while the system is running? I have to do that to the aforementioned 7900GS to get it to display to my TV sometimes.
4. Get the video working on that 9800 GTX of yours (whether it be on the primary or secondary computer). Next, run a stress test on it with everything at stock settings (so no overclocking on either CPU or GPU) - Furmark or MSI Kombustor should do. If the video card pops during the stress test, you know what happened.