View Single Post
Old September 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM2125 View Post
I only have this card. The one I had before was the 680 SOC. And I believe it that the card was tested and am not faulting Galaxy for this. I don't have another computer to test it out in at the moment but I will see if I can over the next few days. Could this by chance be related to the PSU or even Windows? I would do a full clean install just to see if I can get all my data backed up properly before hand if that even had a chance of affecting it. I'll see what I can do about a new power supply as well.
Its the card, I had similar issues with MSI, they kept sending me broken cards, they are usually, "refurbs". Not sure how these manufacturers test them. I think they are mostly returned.

I want to know how galaxy support tests a bad card? OR any other manufacturer. Anyways, MSI bumped me up to a 580 when I rma'd my old 480, and the 580 was sent twice as the first card had same issues as you. Artifacts.

I am sure Galaxy rep, it was tested before it left your place, but why is it artifacting? I dont think there are any other issues with the PSU etc, as those would cause other issues, not the drivers responding or the artifacts.

Or please list as the steps Galaxy takes to test a card before it's shipped out to the customer? Which programs are used to stress test etc?

Galaxy please pay for return shipping for this man, and send him a new card.

Thanks