View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by velias View Post
To my knowledge you can overvolt the core on the 670PE card, someone correct me if i'm wrong? I've heard from others that you can, but you have to modify afterburner 2.2.4 a bit for that functionality. Or you can just use 2.2.3 as is. Sky did a review on this card and he found great OC functionality as well:

MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OC Review

You can't overvolt the asus model unless you do a hardware modification (with a solder gun). To me with all things equal, the MSI has more features than the asus for a similar price - and it also looks pretty darn cool I like the color scheme of MSI GPUs.
SKY doesn't tell me about the "true" voltage , yeah I know It's awesome that you can get an impressive 1388 Mhz out of the box, but the only things that I want to know is the true voltage (using the DMM of course), because I dont want to waste my money for something that didn't true (Triple Overvoltage)

but check this one : MSI 670 PE does not have a voltage increase?

This is why I ask you guys...I need the clarification about this things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
I ended up buying the MSI GTX 670 OC Power Edition having read the review on HardwareCanucks, the actual ability to overvolt was the main reason and oc potential.

I already have a Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB that does (+150/+700) 1340 Mhz boost on stock 1.175mV, will keep the MSI card regardless, as I only game at 1920x1200 anyway, so it will be great.

I was tempted with the GTX 680 Lightning, but abit too expensive for me, will get a GTX 780 Lightning if they release one, whenever they come out.
Thanks for the response

yeah GTX 680 Lightning is very very expensive, in My country is about $700 , if the price like on Newegg ($599), of course I will buy one. Since that card have a lot of feature that you cant find on the other GTX 680 card (Dual Slot, TwinFrozr IV, and of course the Mighty Overclocking)

about MSI GTX 670 PE, how far you can go? is the voltage have beyond 1.175volt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM2125 View Post
As far as I have come to know, the ASUS card can be slapped with a modified BIOS to allow voltage. You can do the same with 680's. The extent of how well it works varies of course. I have seen 680's with the Lightning BIOS hit 1.3 volts no problem. The 670's work pretty similar from what I've read lately. Though for the best out of box experience I would have to say the MSI PE.
if that Lightning, its no problem..., but its 670 PE.., are you sure that the PE card can overvolt up to 1.3v? have you testing it on DMM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralHining View Post
MSI wins hands down imo.
BUT if price doesn't matter.... Dual SLI EVGA GTX 690 (Which pretty much equals a Quad-SLI Config)...
:D
Dual SLI GTX 690? oh man

you mean 670 PE is better than ASUS 670 DCUII TOP? the reason?