View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012, 02:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by velias View Post
I've read stories from DC2 users attempting to use a lightning BIOS getting nothing but visual artifacts. In any case, point me to proof that you can get 1.26V on a DC2T without hardware mods, who has a picture of a DMM reading? I suspect its stuff like the thread over at OCN, where people are thinking they are getting something useful with their modded BIOS'. Sounds like placebo to me - the people posting in that thread are hilarious. In any case, I'm quite sure you're not correct. I could be wrong and if I am, picture proof of a DC2T with a multimeter would be appreciated.
Like I said it varies. Not all cards work. But the DCII has the ability to do it if the flash worked. I just told you you can confirm that when it says 1.212 in the software for people with successful flashes that you can hook up the meter and confirm that it is not 1.212 on the meter. The voltage does go up. When you flash to the lightning BIOS and you have reached that success then you can use a memory editor and raise it from there. There is a thread on OCN that shows exactly this. The link below is for a successful flash and also the thread for increasing voltages on 670's and 680's. I'm sorry not many people dig out meters and post about it, there are a few that have just not taking time at the fire station to do a thorough search.

The GTX 680/670 Unlocked Voltage Discussion Thread