View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 09:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
Did anyone who ordered a keyboard get theirs in yet? My Cherry with reds that I ordered should be coming in tomorrow or the next day, shipped from Vancouver and I live in northern Ontario.
Yeah I got mine for the other computer finally! Its definitely not near as solid as the DAS mechanical, but the key presses and feel of the actually keys, and the board itself, are still very nice and far above the standard rubber dome. It is fairly light, and a bit flexible, but still not cheap feeling either. Its very hard to live up to a DAS after using one for almost a year, but if I did not have one, I would be 100% satisfied with this board over anything standard I have used. The red switches opposed to the blues in my DAS, are definitely easier to press also. I could see the red switches being a lot better for prolonged use now after using both, although I still prefer the sound and the tactile feel of the blues. That is 100% a personal preference though, as the reds are very easy and light to press, and smooth as butter.

For the price, I would definitely buy again for value and feel of the switches. For someone who has never used a mechanical keyboard, and on the fence, this may be the board for you! Though if you have the funds available, there are definitely better choices out there for a bit more money.