View Single Post
Old September 20, 2012, 01:50 PM

My System Specs

Mosfets did not deteriorate with time, however it is naive to believe the polymer caps won't. Regardless what the marketing says, some are even rated at 2 000 hours, at 105C of course. For elecrtolyte caps is valid, that for each 10C down, the lifetime double. Hence 105C cap at 45C will have 128 000h - about 14,6 years of service nonstop.
And these polymers aren't exactly a known quality brand (I only recognize Sanyo, Nichicon and Samxon polymers as good ones and I refuse to even discuss the rest, mainly not "things" like Elite polymers... who ever heard about that company before? Where are their background for making bold claims and "super caps"? I see none, so I did not believe them a single bit.), so no wonder they give up. Also the board design is bad, because input Vcore filtering should be done with electrolyte caps...

Anyway, back on topic:

Intel D845GLVA mobo, fake Nichicon caps, user s0vet from SHW Czech forum
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway :) my config - my caps