48xx Application recognition
View Single Post
July 1, 2008, 07:29 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Join Date: Feb 2007
As I mentioned in the other thread, DO NOT use the 8.6 drivers. You will want to uninstall the 8.6 drivers and install the hotfix drivers by using the following method:
- Open the 8.6 driver installer
- Click on UNINSTALL instead of install
- It will prompt you to reboot. Do so.
- Reboot into Safe Mode
- Use Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode
- Install Hotfix drivers
- They will prmopt you to reboot. Do so.
The thing you have to remember is that ATI calls their Beta drivers "Hotfix". Unlike normal hotfixes, you should not install these over top of existing drivers. They are a complete driver package.
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SKYMTL
Find all posts by SKYMTL