View Single Post
Old September 20, 2012, 04:54 AM
Rookie

Default Relatively High End New Build

So I have this really horrible (not exactly horrible but outdated) PC from DELL, and it had some graphics problems blah blah blah. Long story cut short, I realized that my computer just sucks, badly. And so, I decided to build a new one. Sometimes the computer will be used for general computing (ie: facebook, email, youtube, projects etc etc), other times for gaming (50/50). As for a price range, I have an unlimited budget . Ok, maybe not UNLIMITED, around the $2000 mark is good (not including extra software such as win7). I live in Australia, and I don't really like buying internationally + I found a local store. No brand preference other than a general (hatred? dislike-ness?) of AMD/ATI products. Apart from my headphones, mouse and keyboard, nothing else is going to be recycled from my old computer. I do plan on overclocking (never done it before :( )...
Resolution: only have 1920x1080 monitor, but I do like my graphics settings fancy-like.
Specific Technologies: No, apart from a generally silent case.
Extra: Preferring a Blue+Black interior

My proposed build:
i5 3570k (or maybe i7? I'm still undecided, but I think the i7 isn't worth the extra $100)
Corsair H100 LCS
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Corsair HX 850W PSU
Corsair Graphite 600t Special Edition

Might add fans:
1 BitFenix Spectre PRO Transparent Black+Blue LED 120mm (to replace the exhaust fan of the case)
2 Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition Fans (To add on the H100 radiator - going to put the stock fans on the top, two extra fans on the bottom [4 fans in total surrounding the radiator])

That is pretty much it.

(Also, the 600T has two 200mm fans on the front and top. Hard to explain, but look at the drawing - would there be any bad things if I set up the top like that? The reason I do that is because the 200mm fans have White LEDS that I think would look pretty nice...)
(Look at the 600T, you'll see that the top has a mesh that can be popped up - I was thinking about mounting the 200mm fan on that, then closing the top mesh again.)
Attached Images