View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
Good input Soul. I appreciate it. I think I'll have to try it and see. When I get a chance to slap it all together and get a few temp sensors I'll run some tests with various setups. I'm no scientist, nor do I have any great understanding of physics, chemistry or thermodynamics. What goes up must come down, rocks are hard and vinegar hurts in my eyes. Thats my understanding of the universe.

The reason I am inspired by the salt is due to the mythbusters beer cooling episode. It works amazingly well for cooling beer to ice cold in just mere minutes so I'd like to see what it can do in cooling a rad, the water or whatever.

Seriously if you are ever in need of an ice cold beer and all you have is piss warm beer and a few ice cubes grab a container, some salt and cover the can with just enough water, add the ice and fire in a whack of salt. Freezing cold beer in less than 5 mins.
Two things.

1) please edit your original responses instead of stacking them when talking to different people. It makes a mess of the thread.

2) Do you have a link to that exact episode, I would like to see what exact reaction caused an endothermic response.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com