View Single Post
Old September 18, 2012, 04:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
I have this one from NZXT. Its simple, well built and reliable. Its also fairly cheap to. I think I price matched it to $21 when I bought it.
NZXT :: Unique. Unprecendented. Inspired - Sentry Mesh Product Detail

One suggestion I do have though is not to put your cpu related fans on a fan controller. Leave those plugged into the board and control them in the bios, with speedfan or something similar just in case of failure, or in my case young kids who like to push buttons.
This here.

In all honesty, if you're controlling your CPU fan using the motherboard / bios, a temp sensing auto-adjusting fan controller probably isn't going to make much of a difference so therefore you can just go with a manual one and select your own fanspeed which won't need to be changed.

You didn't mention how many fans you intend to run. Finding out how many fans you need to gang together / channel is the first step in being able to make a reasonable recommendation. If it's going to be a max of one or two fans / channel then just about any decent quality fan controller will do, if you plan on ganging together more than 2, then you'll have to look at beefier units with the ability to run higher than the standard 1A / channel.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP