View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Intel ULV vs Intel Core i3/i5 vs AMD Trinity. Buy Which?

So I'm in need of a new laptop and while battery life of at least 4.5 to 5h is required, I'm wondering about the CPU performance. I went from buying a Samsung NP535U3C with a AMD A6-4455M to buying an ASUS UX32A with Intel Core i3-2367M. The reason I'm hesitant on keeping both laptops is because of the CPU performance and overall speed of the laptop. Searching for laptops with a full power Core i3/i5 such as the Toshiba R835 which has a Intel Core i5-2435M is fairly hard to do, given that I have a somewhat low budget and tons of requirements.

The laptop is only used for Word processing by a University student and other things such as taking notes, listening to music, watching MKV videos, etc. Nothing intensive is planned for the laptop. So, what kind of mobile CPU should I look into given these requirements?

Having used both the Samsung and ASUS for a short amount of time, the ASUS booted up fairly quickly thanks to the 24GB SSD cache drive or whatever it's used for. The Samsung on the other hand, was fairly slow, but gets the job done in the battery department category. Plus it actually does very well in games, not that it's important.