View Single Post
Old September 8, 2012, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
As a person with a 2560x1440 monitor, and recently doing the research in to these exact issues, the alternatives are dual card set ups as you mentioned. Even with a 680 or 7970 they struggle at this resolution to push >40 fps at max settings on a single card. The OC'd 670's are pushing stock 680 performance (or beyond) which is enough to play, but its really moot. Dual cards are the only true way to go for this.

I'm not sold on multimon/dual card setups being an "AMD" only choice. Their crossfire solution has been sub-par for nigh on years now, and doesnt seem to be getting much better. Ask Arinoth, he tried multi monitor dual Crossfire, and gave it up as a lost cause in the late 6xxx series stage.

But hey, you could just label me a fanboi I guess.
??? I run a 680 at stock settings for 5760x1080 resolution and the only games that struggle with max settings (out of the ones I own) are metro 2033 and BF 3. Just Cause 2, L4D 2, and Skyrim are extremely playable with max settings. Also, the "playable settings" for BF 3 are only one step down from max and it's really really hard to tell the difference.