View Single Post
Old September 8, 2012, 06:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Enough for it, yes.. More than enough for it, NO..

All comes down to what settings you want, what games you play and what you want for minimum fps, a single 670 will drop to 30fps @ max settings in quite a few games at that res and for some thats just not what they want.
As a person with a 2560x1440 monitor, and recently doing the research in to these exact issues, the alternatives are dual card set ups as you mentioned. Even with a 680 or 7970 they struggle at this resolution to push >40 fps at max settings on a single card. The OC'd 670's are pushing stock 680 performance (or beyond) which is enough to play, but its really moot. Dual cards are the only true way to go for this.

I'm not sold on multimon/dual card setups being an "AMD" only choice. Their crossfire solution has been sub-par for nigh on years now, and doesnt seem to be getting much better. Ask Arinoth, he tried multi monitor dual Crossfire, and gave it up as a lost cause in the late 6xxx series stage.

But hey, you could just label me a fanboi I guess.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about