View Single Post
Old December 26, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Well, if you're looking for the baddest boy on the block you can't get much better than this one.....

http://www.pcpower.com/products/view...hp?show=T1KWSR

One big fat 12V rail is always better than several lower rated ones.

It's a bit pricey though. :)

Other than that, the higher end OCZs seem to be a quality product, or you can go with the FSP epsilons. The 600w & the 700W versions are basically the same PSU as they are manufactured by fortran.

For high end SLI I wouldn't go any less than 700W of a quality PSU.

Be wary of name branded PSUs (like thermaltake etc....) they do produce some good high end kit, but often have lower end stuff as well that shouldn't be put into a rig that needs quality power.

If you want I'll PM you with a link to another forum which has a fairly good list of "tried and tested" PSUs for DFI boards.

Just remember that for PSU's the old addage of "you get what you pay for" stands the test of time, and you don't want to risk your investment in high end kit with a crappy one.
I see your pimping that PSU now:D
The PCP&C psu is solid one of the best you can buy.
I have done some work on a clear case like that and dear god dont touch the inside of the case without wearing gloves. In time you will see every smudge and fingerprint as dust settles on it.

And Welcome to the forums man hang around.:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton