View Single Post
Old September 6, 2012, 11:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
Apparently I am a wrench into the gears, 4th the Samsung if you are a light duty. Past that I have always liked HP lasers, my only grip in the past has been the host based printer drivers and remote desktop.

I can not say enough bad things about brother, I hate printers to begin with but the lack of driver support and shoddy products make me point people into any other direction other then brother.

*Oh Brother*

</rage rant>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Oh I know the hassle of dealing with brother, never again. Will probably look into the recommended Sammy printer.
Funny how peoples' experience with different products varies so much. I'm on my second brother inkjet MFC product and never had a problem with the drivers over a network. The first one was one of the first affordable network printers I'd seen for the consumer market and lasted me 4+ years before the network seemed to be getting flakey (might have been compatibility issues with win7).

That said, I can't say enough about the little samsungs. Took me 3 years to get through the first toner and that did 2100+ pages. My only complaint was the error indication for replacing the toner wasn't clear... couldn't find anywhere specific that said it was the toner which prevented printing, the only indication was that it worked after I replaced the toner. I'd have been a bit PO'd if I didn't already have a toner on hand to buy one only to find out that it wasn't the toner after all.

edit: After dealing with HP wireless printers taking down local routers (Not just the wireless portion of the router, wired and wireless connections were blocked. No idea why it was happening, but unplugging the wireless printer restored the network functionality, and they finally released some info WRT the issue a good 3 - 4 months after it started showing up) I'll never have an HP in my home.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP