View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 05:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
I'm a little confused as to how the rad being "upside down" is going to cause air to get trapped in a closed loop system , Isn't a closed loop unit void of a res ? there really should be no air in these units.

Now my other confusion is why did it leak and how did it leak ? further more how does air (air that shouldn't be there) over spinning the impeller cause the rad to leak ?

Any manufacture that wants to hold a good reputation will stand behind their product and even go above and beyond to keep a good name and for them to play this out like they have is just wrong .

if it were me I would contact a lawyer and get my rig fixed up right . Had it just been out of warranty that is fine I'd have no problem fixing it up my self but to drag you through the whole process then say "na you aint covered " and blame you for something that they neglected to tell you pff ya i'd being calling my lawyer
Closed loops like this or a self built loop always has air its impossible to completely get it it. And even if you could evaporation will cause fluid loss but not in a large quantity and takes awhile for it to happen. Ever notice how when you buy something from a store that contains liquid most of the time it has a air pocket at the top? That is for expansion purposes and the same thing is again needed for water loops.

In regards to the impeller think of it this way. A fan has a lower and upper limit of which it can spin at. If the fan is spinning at its upper speed and then the fluid hits it what happens? Same thing if you were to stick your finger into a 3000rpm fan.. your gonna lose some skin and perhaps the fan blades will break but no matter the outcome its never good.

Swiftech MCP355 pumps would burn out if there was no liquid getting to them as they would overheat due to the design of the pump.