View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 07:30 AM
Rookie

Default How much of an upgrade is this?

Hey there, looking for some advice. My current setup is a AMD 940 3.0 GHz processor with Crossfire ATI 5770s and 8 GB of DDR2 ram. This setup right now can run most games in medium settings at 1080p fine but does slow to a crawl if I run it on max settings or record games with fraps. The bottleneck of the setup seems to be the CPU and crossfire isn't supported in alot of the games.

Had this computer for about 2 years and I am looking to upgrade so I can play the newer games (especially MMOs) on the max settings and record gameplay videos without suffering a serious FPS drop. I have about $1k to spend and looking for the following parts

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
8-16 GB of DDR3 ram.
SSD

How much of an upgrade is this, are there any better setups than this for the price range?

Oh another thing I like to mention is that I have 3 22' inch monitors (used to an eyeinfinity setup but now I use the 2 extra monitors for multi-tasking and just game on the central 22' inch monitor). I tend to run alot of games on windowed mode so I can multi-task on the other two monitors at the same time.

Thanks!