View Single Post
Old August 24, 2012, 11:12 AM
Rookie

Sorry for double post but I don't want to delete the other one by editing and it getting removed or whatever was happening before.

I just ran 3dMark06 again using the High Performance Power plan (results:Trinity Devastator Lite Mobile video card benchmark result - AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics,Hewlett-Packard 18A7 score: 7872 3DMarks) and scored about 100 higher I think then when I ran it using the HP power plan. But more interesting than that is the hardware it reports me as using.
"7872 3DMarks with Trinity Devastator Lite Mobile(3x) and AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD"
Why doesn't it say Radeon HD 7670M? Hmm... Maybe the GPU actually isn't being used? Anyone have any ideas? I'm beginning to think this is my problem and maybe it is fixable. It only reports 512MB of video memory and no info on the drivers. Help me out here guys! I don't know how to fix this.

In an effort to make sure the dedicated GPU was running I am still trying to update all the drivers. AMD's Auto Detect driver installer won't work for me. (AMD Driver Autodetect) It runs and then nothing happens. The process sits there doing, as far as I can tell, nothing. Any ideas about this? I'll try to find the drivers manually. Windows device manager says both of the cards have up to date drivers...

Last edited by Tojara; August 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM.