View Single Post
Old August 23, 2012, 11:31 PM
Allstar

Upon closer read of the manual, I don't think you can plug 1 monitor to the motherboard and 1 to the video card. From what I understand is that if you want to use LucidLogix, you either plug it into the motherboard (i-mode) or into the graphics card (d-mode). Also, there was a bug in the LucidLogix software where it won't run with AMD 12.4 driver so get updated drivers. Here is what I suggest:

1. Set your BIOS to use LucidLogix in d-mode as recommended in manual for 3D performance. So iGPU enable and Primary Display to PCIE.
2. Plug that DVI-VGA adapter to the DVI port of your video card and plug into the older monitor.
3. Buy a HDMI->DVI adapter or cable and then plug that to your newer monitor.

I believe the dual monitor mode you were referring to earlier only works if you only use the onboard graphics built into the CPU. Usually, one would completely disable the onboard graphics if he/she is using a dedicated graphic card. However, your board have LucidLogix unless I read your motherboard model wrong. Disclaimer: I NEVER EVER used LucidLogix or have similar hardware as you listed. I'm just making suggestions after reading the motherboard manual and from what I understand from using multi-monitor on a single card.