View Single Post
Old August 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
Rookie

Okay so 3DMark06 seems bad. Here's the results (Trinity Devastator Lite Mobile video card benchmark result - AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics,Hewlett-Packard 18A7 score: 7799 3DMarks) I get around 1FPS on the CPU benchmarks... Am I being bottlenecked by my processor? I didn't even realize that was a possible issue with today's tech. Or am I misunderstanding the benchmark here. I'll try some other CPU tests to see if that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I hate to say this, but I wouldn't expect good gaming performance out of ANY $800 laptop.
Shouldn't I be getting 'playable' performance with this machine though? Looking at the specs and looking at what I'm trying to run it should all be possible... I mean games like diablo3 at low settings in 1366x768? Maybe not I guess.

So the benchmarks from 3DMark06 weren't great. The CPU one was a bit scary (1FPS). I thought my CPU might be bottlenecking me or something. So I ran SuperPI and got what look to be some decent times from it. I realized that the 3DMark benchmark must try to render the whole scene using only the CPU. A hell of a task I'm sure. I got around 20+ fps in most of the intense scenes. That's what I get in important parts of games. It looked like they had much nicer settings then me though. Might be SOL here.

Just for reference here's a picture of the settings I have for Dota2. It still drops to less then 20FPS in fights or when some different stuff is going on.
http://i47.tinypic.com/nnr7gw.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I hate to say this, but I wouldn't expect good gaming performance out of ANY $800 laptop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
He's using the low settings though.
I was just going to say this. A laptop with these specs, to my understand, should do better on light gaming like this.

Last edited by Arinoth; August 24, 2012 at 09:28 AM.