View Single Post
Old August 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
Rookie

Default Multiple tech. questions for my new build!

I just received all the parts for my first computer build and watched enough videos to make me confident at putting it together. But I have a lot of questions about set ups once the power button is on and everything works fine.

1- I bought a second monitor to play my games (different brand and size and resolution) on one and browse on the other. Is it a good idea to use my old graphic card (GeForce 8800 GTS 512) for the web/forum browsing monitor and keep my brand new HD 7850 for my gaming monitor? Or is it impossible to mix up different GPU (my Motherboard is Asus P8Z77-V LK, crossFireX and SLI ready). Or is my GPU strong enough to handle both monitors without taxing my ressources for gaming?

2- I currently have Guild Wars 2 installed and really don't want to redownload everything on the new computer (don't want to go over my allocated bandwidth) . If I copy all the files on a hardrive or dvd then paste them in my brand new HDD, will it work fine or is it better to redownload the game?

3- I see only one HDMI port on my motherboard, should I plug my best monitor in it and plug the old one in the DVI port? Or does it not matter at all?

4- Is there an application like MSI Afterburner that can take care of mild overclocking, temperature, video capture etc? I know Asus as AI suite II but is it any good?

5- Besides latest drivers for the GPU, what other drivers should I get?

Thank you for your time!