View Single Post
Old August 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Originally Posted by Dave Baumann View Post
Looking at the peak power consumption alone is a little one dimensional. Both cards require 2x 6 pin connectors and if you have a PSU that has two (or more) connectors the likelihood is that you're not taking on additional cost on the platform to support either. There is also a large number of AiB options out there to keep them cooler and quieter.

I think what users should also consider is their usage patterns of their PC. Anyone that plays games for a few hours but then leaves their PC on for a significant period of time then ZeroCore power is potentially buying more back in total PC on-time.
As just a joe schmoe this does make sense about your point on the other AiBs vs PowerCooler (not slamming PC...just like I know you are NOT throwing PC under the bus here, more a case of THIS PC vs other AiB options). I too would love to see what some of AMD's other AiBs boosted 7950s can do. BUT I dont see Skymtl spending more of his own cash to prove this one way or the other.
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr