View Single Post
Old August 22, 2012, 11:25 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
One thing I really wish AMD would do is have better drivers. There are times where I've been between an AMD and a nVidia card (personally or recommending) that have had similar performance/price in the past, but tend to recommend nVidia for the single fact that nVidia tends to have better drivers. I can't count the number of times I've had to deal with driver issues on AMD/ATI cards in the past and again just would love if AMD could come out with drivers that help boost their products, aren't a hassle/problem to the user, and with some of their cards COME with native support. I remember the 6870 launching without any official drivers from AMD for over a month...that was great support/planning from them...
This always seems strange to me as I have used both and have not had any real issues with either Nvidia or AMD. I tend not to run multi gpu setups, maybe that's why, but I can honestly say I have never had any issues worth mentioning with ati/amd and I have built a ton of computers and even switch back and forth between them on the same build. I must be a very lucky guy. sorry that many do have issues though.