View Single Post
Old August 22, 2012, 07:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
Oh of course, I'll say that i live in spain and surely i know that moderators here can easily track my ISP. I have nothing to hide (: . Its just that im only 16 and im just catious about this stuff, i don't know why. Here is the thing. Lets say a screw fell behind there or a cable was back there. Would that of fried my motherboard? Or should i just remount it and get rid of that screw or cable if one happens to be there?
I can sympathize with not wanting to give out your physical location. I felt the same way for quite a while when I first started surfing the internets... :) We're such a close knit group that sometimes we forget that not everybody feels like they're part of the family. :)

If a screw happened to fall in and short something out, most of the time it just causes a no post and doesn't permanently damage anything, but at that point there are no guarantees.

One of the reasons why folks are asking location / suggesting getting help is that you're quickly getting to the point of not being able get much more faultfinding done without access to replacement hardware to swap in/out. (Or a second set of eyes to see something that we're not thinking of).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP