View Single Post
Old August 21, 2012, 09:55 PM
AMD Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
As far as the Review goes.... I came away kinda Meh.... yeah it appears to perform better than a 660ti, but even at the higher res I'm not convinved that it's $50+ better. There's (IMO) a huge pricepoint difference between purchasing something sub $300 (or any $100 mark for that matter) and something either mid $300 or even worse, 3/4 of the way to $400.
Give it a little mre time for more board to be available and the pricing to settle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
As for the HD 7950 Boost coming down to $319 right away; I'll believe it when I see it. I can't for a moment think AMD would shoot their board partners in the foot like that. But if it does happen....customers will be in for a treat!
At the ASIC level every PRO built can operate at PRO2 levels using the PRO2 BIOS so floor pricing is already dictated by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Ya, I wasn't 'accusing' him of working for AMD. I asking more in the sense of 'Oh, it's nice that they pay attention to communities and take feedback'. Speaking as a loyal AMD customer, of course, lol ;)
You'll find various members from different communities. ATI actually picked me up "from" one of the communities if fact - my former life I was one of the line of editors / owners of Beyond3D. Currently I am the Manager of the Performance and Enthusiast Desktop GPU team in the Discrete GPU Product Management Division.

Last edited by JD; August 22, 2012 at 05:46 AM.