View Single Post
Old August 20, 2012, 11:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default New to Watercooling: budget and expectations

Hi all,

I currently have an air cooled SS RV03-Black build. I am very new to watercooling, and am hoping for a bit of guidance from the community.

List of hardware -
MOBO - ASRock Z68 Extreme7Gen3
CPU - i7 2600k
RAM1 - Corsair Sniper 4GB
RAM2 - Corsair Sniper 4GB
GPU 1 - GTX580 3GB
GPU 2 - GTX580 3GB
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Phoebus
SSD: HyperX 120GB
STORAGE 1: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM
STORAGE 2 Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM
PSU: AX1200

I will be thrilled to get rid of the Raven SV03 case, as in my opinion it is the worst choice I could have made even for air. For starters, the plastic is very cheap and flimsy and broke upon delivery, the hard drives were not easy to swap, and it's heavy. That said, 2 cases off the top of my head are the famous Corsair 800D, or at twice the price the SS TJ11. If the case is going to be epic for 5+years I don't mind dealing with the price tag of SS TJ11, but I'm very open to smarter choice if there are superior value cases.

As for the watercooling components and installation, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I was hoping to get ballpark budget from you guys, and maybe a couple of design tips for aesthetics, guidance and brands. My aim here is to have an impressive wc system, looking epic and very well functioning.

My first step is deciding on a case, I know the corsair and temjin will probably be good choices, but am interested in insight from those more savy than I.