View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 07:02 PM
Top Prospect

Default Almost finished my build

So its been some years since I built a PC, long time Mac user here. But as most mac users find, when they want to game again, it just doesn't cut it. So most of the system is built, video card should be here tomorrow and the H100 should be here this week also. Whats your guys opinions on this setup?

Specs:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3820
  • MB: ASUS P9X79
  • RAM: Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB
  • CPU Cooling: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100
  • Video: XFX Radeon HD 7950 OC Black Ed
  • Boot Drive: Intel 520 Series 120GB
  • PSU: Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850
  • Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D

Right now for a monitor I will be using a 24" Apple Cinema Display at 1920x1200 until it is sold (up for sale now) and then I will figure out what to do monitor wise until then.

Will be running Windows 7 Pro, not planning to upgrade to 8 (not a fan of metro at all) and have a few games in mind to start with, when the time comes that the 120gb ssd is full I will purchase another when they are cheaper, format the system with the 2 in raid.

Something I need help with is choosing a keyboard and mouse, haven't decided on one yet.. I like the logitech gaming keyboards but everyone is saying go mechanical now so I am not sure. I am leaning towards a Razer Taipan mouse, looks good. What are your suggestions?

Anyways, on with the pics!
Note: Sorry for the bad quality, only had an iPhone to take pics with.
Attached Images