View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 02:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by foleykevin297 View Post
Would a sound card be better if i wanted too use a 7.1 surround sound headset ? Im buying off elara.ie and my max budget is 1600 i want too get the best for my money since ive worked hard for it over the past few summers. I will probably get an ssd since my laptop has a 320gb hdd and i am not even using 100gb of it at max. Ill definately get the 650 watt power supply thanks ! Where im really confused is the motherboard i just dont understand what makes some more expensive then others can anyone recommend a good one for gaming ?
Is it a USB or analog headset? If it is a usb headset then no a sound card will do nothing since usb headsets use there own DAC's not the soundcard or onboard, personally I have tried some of the lower end soundcards and tbh they offer very little improvment over onboard, excepting the say the Zonar DG ( think it is the DG the one with the headphone amp) since if useing the headphone amp settings it does make things sound a little better. But your not going to get leaps and bounds better sound out of a budget soundcard. Move up to a mid range and then yes you will see a noticable difference, again any "upgrade" you hear will also depend on what you are pushing speaker/headset wise. No soundcard is going to make a crappy headset/speakers sound amazing. Remember there is always a weaklink, if the weaklink is the onboard sound then yes you might, if the weaklink is the headset/speakers then no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton