View Single Post
Old August 15, 2012, 05:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

My proposed solution would more then likely be above your price point, however since moving to a dedicated amplifier the sound quality and the level of sound my speakers/sub can put out have been vastly better then that of the amps built into receivers. I also enjoy that my amp can deliver full wattage to all my speakers rather then begin to drop once you typically hit 5.1 (which most receivers end up doing).

Right now I have this amp UPA-500 Five-Channel Power Amplifier | Emotiva Audio | High-end audio components for audiophiles and videophiles, spanning 2-channel music systems, as well as 5.1 and 7.1 home theaters. Products include multichannel amplifiers, stereo amplifiers, and (note how it can deliver full sound to all the speakers, look at the specs of a lot of receivers and it can't do that).

I eventually plan to pair it with the pre-amp/processor UMC-1 A/V Processor | Emotiva Audio | High-end audio components for audiophiles and videophiles, spanning 2-channel music systems, as well as 5.1 and 7.1 home theaters. Products include multichannel amplifiers, stereo amplifiers, and monoblock amplif when I have the money (aka after school).

This will deliver high quality theatre level sound, though cost a bit more then the receiver route.