Old August 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Please critque this PC build

1. The PC will be used for: MMO Gaming, School work and Blu-Ray Movie watching

2. My budget is: $1500-$2000 max

3. I will be buying the parts from: America, from Newegg, Tiger Direct/ Compusa

4. My brand preference is: Intel, Nvidia, and Corsair Products

5. Do I intend on using any current parts, and if so, what those parts are: No, All parts will be purchased new and unopened

6. If I have searched and/or read similar threads: I have read multiple threads concerning PC building over the last several months

7. If I plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds: I plan on building it using default speeds and will give it a slight overclock of that is what my brother would want

8. When do I plan to build it? By Christmas, as it is a gift for my brother who is in college

9. What resolution and settings do you use? Since it is going to be used for moderate MMO Gaming, I'd Like it to be able to play any game he decides to play at max settings. He will be playing at 1920/1080 resolution

10. Are there any specific technologies you want? Blu-Ray support, SATA3 6.0Gb/s, USB 3.0 support and Super quiet case (low noise system)

Now here is the parts list (the graphics card and velociraptor HD are both gifts being used in the build)

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene LGA 1155 Intel Z77

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked+ 4GB

Optical Drive: Lite-On Internal 12x Blu-Ray Reader combo drive

Hard Drive 1: WD VelociRaptor 1TB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Hard Drive 2: Crucial M4 mSATA 32GB SATA III MLC SSD (used as intel srt cache drive)

Power Supply: Corsair AX750 Fully Modular PSU with optional black individually sleeved PSU cables

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler

PC Case: Silverstone PS07B with Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm replacement case fans

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

If the power supply is overkill for the parts I have listed, would dropping down to the AX650 be an alright change to make for the build as everything else is pretty much set in stone parts wise